Using A Blow Off Tube


I have heard a lot about using a blow off tube for the airlock. Does this need to be customized or is this something that you can buy at a local brew store. I am currently having a problem that forced beer spray half way up my wall.

I was told that that means that either I have it in to warm of an area or not enough space in my primary.


I have always used a blow off tube. Depending on your setup though, it will most likely need to be customized. If you had an airlock though you should be able to rig up a connector to the hole and then hose to the connector.  Shouldn’t be too difficult.

I have found that it’s more reliable than airlocks and you avoid foaming backup issues and don’t have to worry about the lid blowing off spraying your beer everywhere.